Write up on Ethiopia
Write up on Ethiopia
Some Important points about Ethiopia
- Ministry of Education, Ethiopia has embarked on a huge capacity building programme and is consequently planning to recruit a large number of Teaching Faculty for various Universities & Colleges functioning under it . Ethiopia is one of the largest and fastest growing country in the African continent and most of its regions enjoy a hill station climate. Currently there are large number of Indian teaching faculty members in all universities in Ethiopia.
- Safety / Indian in Ethiopia : Ethiopia is one of the safest countries in African region. There are many Indian teaching faculty working in Ethiopia for many years and some of them are with their families. We also have cases of women teaching faculty who are working in different Universities of Ethiopia. You will definitely find some Indians already working in the same University for which you are selected, therefore you will have company right from the day of your joining. In fact, Ethiopians respect Indians as some of the Ethiopian Lecturers/Professors were taught by Indian teachers at their school/colleges, when they were students.
- Food : In Ethiopia Wheat, Rice, Vegetables and Fruits, Chicken / Meat / Fish, etc., are available in all places at a reasonable rate. So food will not be a problem.
- Indian Embassy : There is an Indian Embassy in the capital, Addis Ababa, and they can be approached in case of any need. Another advantage is that India and Ethiopia have good diplomatic relations.
- Climate : Most of the Universities have a hill station climate as they are located in the Highlands. The average temperature in the Highlands of Ethiopia is around 20 degrees centigrade.
- Flights from India : We have flights from Mumbai/Delhi to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The flying time one way is about 4 to 5 hours.
- Contract duration and vacation :The contract is for two academic years and is renewable on mutual consent. You get paid annual vacation during which you can visit India at your expense. Free tickets are provided for you and your family ,once in two years.
- Cost of Living: Cost of living in Ethiopia is very nominal i.e., one person can manage the monthly expenses between 250-350 U.S.$. Also since the salary is tax free and there is no limit on the repatriation amount, the saving potential is very high.
- International Exposure: Once you work abroad this experience will help you get jobs abroad easily as international experience is considered to be a big plus point. In the near future we expect a very large and growing demand for teaching faculty all round the world.